Monday, July 4, 2011

Letter from Old Nick a year on.

On 28th.March 2010 I composed this letter for another publication.
“The following missive materialised on my desk last week.Aside from being hot to the touch it smelt strongly of fire and brimstone,with a return address of Sodom”.

“Dear Ranter,
I can see that your views are clearly misguided and have no place in this post colonial multicultural society in which we live .I mean how, in the name of logic and reason,could   such concepts as fair play and religion have any currency in  modern Ireland.

You see,logic and reason are the only yardsticks by which human behaviour can be regulated.This message I have been  whispering seductively since the start of time(which I can say without fear of contradiction was an accidental event, had no divine connection whatsoever and which phrase will be abolished as offensive to pagans due to quasi religious concepts  held by Catholic bigots but not by Muslims, Jews and others ,who are entitled to their beliefs in a way that Catholics are not).

Amongst my most fervent devotees are Stalin and Mao ,former staunch atheists ,who murdered countless millions  who opposed them.They are my pride and joy (and got some surprise when your man above sent them to me)  and head the serried ranks of the many devotees prostrating themselves at my right hoof.I nearly said God bless them ,but resiled, now that I have religion on the run and intend to abolish it.Starting in the schools and  with the Angelus ,which is so offensive to secularists and liberals and their finely tuned sensibilities.I mean logic and reason clearly indicate that there is no such thing as God and why should they even be asked to listen to those ridiculous bells tolling for two minutes every day.

You should know that I had you Paddies where I wanted you for the best part of a Millennium,when the world’s greatest empire ruled your pathetic country.There was one law ,the law of the State,which I ensured was used as an instrument of oppression and control to destroy you.I made sure your judges kept in line by regulating their remuneration.They  made sure that you lost your lands ,your heritage and your lives.Through starvation, slavery ,forced emigration ,torture and murder I made you ashamed of your language and appearance .And the sweetest bit.My buddy Mammon helped me to recruit your own people in my mission. 

Those were the days.God (there I go again),how much it pleased me to have your clergy hunted down like dogs(where were the Greens for the dogs) , tortured and killed (hung drawn and quartered).I did all I could to seize all your  Catholic property for Henry the divorcee so he could keep marrying until he clicked(he didn’t) and created his own religion.

To this day I curse that fella Pearse and his buddies.When all logic and reason indicated that your nation were beaten and broken and had no chance, they rose up.I still cannot understand how they started a movement that won the day .

Literally I have had my tail between my legs since and by stealth ,cunning and clever strategy am well on the way to reclaiming former glory.

Aside from infiltrating your clergy with deviants who violated your children I have also done my best to use your posher clergy to educate your ruling classes in their fee paying schools,where native games are verboten,the games of your former colonists inculcated and every effort made to eradicate anything that smacks of an Irish accent.It is no accident that the majority of your movers, shakers  and opinion formers have long since abandoned that ridiculous Irish brogue.
I have also turned mainstream media against your church and ensured that State law  again has currency as in the days of yore.

Today is my happiest day in a long time.In your city of limerick the trendy rugby heads ,so beloved of the mainstream media,,are sporting shirts bragging that rugby is officially bigger than Catholicism there and that Mass is now available in Thomond Park.I rejoice and admire all those who have helped me achieve this triumph.Avarice is now officially mainstream and pursuit of profit the be all and end all.. Another stab in the body of your man above on the anniversary of his crucification.

I will have my way and make every town in Ieland like Limerick.AND Ranter I will get you too.

Forever Yours,

Nick.”

Since then I wrote on the government proposal to seize religious property a la Cromwell ,Henry VIII and the statsi of East Germany  (see my blog on Navan Male Choir,noting in particular Rory Quinn’s claim that ownership is power). I  see that in his efforts to decommission the Catholic ethos  from the catholic schools he says now that it is about patronage and pluralism not ownership.This about turn arose when it was pointed out to him that the trustees of the schools could not by state law give the schools up for nothing and that the trusts  would have to be compensated by consideration of equal value.
Look this is nothing more than a land grab by the State orchestrated in the main by those who despise Catholicism.The facts are that the people gave money to Catholic parishes and communities  and people made bequests and inter vivos gifts to Catholic organisations in  order to provide education for poor people in the main,when the State stood idly by. If agnostic,aethist and anti catholic individuals want to start schools that teach the way they want, let them fund raise in the same way our ancestors did and people still do.

Remember  nationalist  catholic  Irish ---bad

Pluralist and multiculturalist europhile –good.

No comments:

Post a Comment