Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tribute to Mossie and Health Bord.

I have had the luck to meet a genuinely inspirational person,who got a bad deal in the game of life when the cards were shuffled.I wouldn't even begin to understand the name of the medical conditions she labours under.She is confined to a wheelchair,an electronic one as it transpires,which she controls with a joystick.It is a fine machine ,it can climb and tips along at walking place or even better.She is a genius at the controls and can talk as good as most.
I met her first when I was called to the Health Bord Centre in Johnstown for physiotherapy following my stroke.I am well satisfied with the quality of the treatment I am getting from a first class physio .,but like most people  feel that  I could do  with more of it.
That said I encountered Mossie there .The Health Bord ,I assume, provides her with her own personal living space beside the complex in Johnstown,provides what assistance she needs to live as independently as possible and is convenient to her to keep a benevolent eye.
She is well able to do her own shopping and lots of other things and is inspirational in her approach to life. 
I met her again today and promised to mention her in my blog.which she is confident she can access.
So here is to you Mossie and I take my hat off to those who conceived the scheme that affords this lady the dignity she deserves.Fair dues.

No comments:

Post a Comment