Monday, September 3, 2012

Dunderry I.F.C hopes run out of road.

With St.Michaels beating Syddan well this weekend our hopes of progress  in the I.F.C.is over.Kaput.Its been a long year and a hard one on players and management.My heart goes out to them.This is the first time in a while that we failed to qualify.
I personally refuse to believe that there is not an I.F.C. in this group of players.The long serving ones have been in many playoffs ,always the bridesmaid but never the bride.Must be sickening.
The management should know that they are in good compny in failing to win outright.Even Tommy Dowd and Barry Callaghan ,multiple all Ireland winners both,couldn't bring home the laurels as managers .
Nevertheless I firmly believe that a Messiah is out there that can deliver. If not two.I have my own dream team.
One thing the club must do is to try and advance all teams at juvenile level up to grade one in all competitions within a maximum of three years.
We have one match to play in the I.F.C. against our near neighbours Clanna Gael.Like ourselves they ae playing for pride only at this stage.I will be attending the match this Saturday.
The burden of bringing home the football laurels rests on the shoulders of the Junior B team under Manager Billy Bligh and selectors Kevin Keaveney,Derek Hichey and Mickey Casey.
They play Boardsmill this Thursday in the quarter final in Navan.
Beidh  me ann le cuineamh De.

No comments:

Post a Comment