Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mainstream media bias in U.S.presidential election.

I have more than a passing interest in the U.S. presidential Elections.This is because 7 out of 10 of my maternal grandfather's siblings emigrated there between 1890 and 1920 and they have families over there.In addition many people I know of more recent vintage have been forced there by economic mismanagement in this country.I am well aware that many millions emigrated there during and after the famine years ,when the alternative was death by starvation in a country governed by an Empire on which the sun never set.America was good to us and I suppose we were good for America.
Many families here were kept going by emigrant remittances.
I have a curiosity about what happens there and I rely to a great extent for information on the Irish media both electronic and papers.I must say however that it seems to me that all the reporters are unashamedly biased towards the Democratic party In their coverage of the issues and the candidates .They put across the Republican side as gob shites and backwoodsmen and never cease to sneer at them.
This may be because the of the liberal convictions of the same reporters in matters of gay marriage,feminism ,anti unborn life,secularism and religious bigotry.
In order for us to form informed opinions on the Election a lot more balanced and objective reporting is needed.It surprises me that the reporting imbalance is not taken up by republican and fair minded Americans before now.

No comments:

Post a Comment