Saturday, December 8, 2012

Shoppers under siege.

Any time I go to the Post Office and attached shops in Trim I have to run the gauntlet of facing at least one collector on the way in or the way out.Sometimes there are two or maybe three.I know that times are tough but surely a citizen is entitled to enter a shop without being put under this sort of pressure.The shop owner is a quiet man that puts up with it as God knows how much trade he is losing on account of this behaviour.
Now that pubs have been over regulated to the point of extinction and are mostly empty and that Churches have been denigrated by secularist  Government and the media  mouthpieces to shadows of their former selves attendance wise ,such premises are the last places that Charity collectors can expect a captive audience to appeal to.
I for one find it very uncomfortable and desist running the gauntlet whenever possible.
I am sure that there are such premises all over Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment