Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm a believer



Last Thursday my niece Lauri Stephens united in Marriage for life with Eoin Donnelly before a class guest list of decent people in Kilmessan Church.

How two such laid back people found each other is hard to discern,but they did.They are soul mates as well as life partners and we are all delighted.

The Stephens clan as well as the Maguires are GAA fanatics and this will fit in well with the Donnelleys,and Eoin’s grandfather Tony is a GAA legend of yesteryear,having in his short life collected over 60 medals of significance including All Ireland's and Railway Cups.

When the sprogs start arriving,as I pray they will,there is little doubt that the GAA genes are  set for greatness.

The guest list was well sprinkled with great GAA people of both sexes and all codes.And in Cabra Castle we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

On each table was a song title,the idea being that as that song was played by the band,the table guests were supposed to give it diddy on the dance floor.Great idea.

Our table song was” I’m a  believer,”by the Monkeys.You would of course remember that the lead singer was Davy Jones.

I am a rabid pro life supporter and regard the deliberate killing of the unborn,save where the life of the mother is in immediate danger, as murder,pure and simple.( I regard those  who had abortions against their principles and who did so under mental  duress as being incapable of forming the necessary intent to do what was perpetrated on them and therefor not guilty of murder.)

 I regard any political party who supported the recent Bill with contempt and barbaric and regard their supporters in a similar vein.

I find it appalling that such people insist on taking part in the Mass celebration in any public capacity knowing that it is contrary to Catholic teaching and principles.I think that they should have the cop on to stop flouting themselves thus and seek forgiveness and if not be excommunicated.

I find it extremely difficult to even look at them in a Catholic Church.

I have been looking for some time for Latin (Tridentine)Masses in Meath.At the wedding I sussed out that one is held each Sunday at 1.00 p.m. in Johnstown ,Navan.As the Priest alone  reads all the lessons etc at these Masses ,I would be spared the seething indignity of listening to unrepentant people whose Political parties  acted in direct to Catholic teaching disgracing the Mass as I see it.

So off with me to Johnstown last Sunday.

And I was not disappointed.A Priest in cowl and vestments,two Alter Boys in Surplice and Sutane, the Mass sung and answered in Latin.The alter boys know the Latin responses .There are leaflets which give the Latin and English translations.The Priest exudes Holiness.His sermon is not politically correct but solely of the Gospel.He is passionate and raises his voice.Powerful stuff.

The congregation is about three dozen ,families mostly ,male and female .No body is rushing away before Mass is over.

In fact nearly all stay to get Confession afterwards.Candles are lit and prayers are said.

The Priest is a hermit.He is Welsh.He spent time in the part of Wales my own father was born and reared.And his name is Davy Jones.

Yep I.m a Believer.

On Saturday evening I had attended Mass at 6.00 p.m. in Kilbride.Got hard to get a seat.Only 95% full.Small attendance because many had gone to Croker to support Meath.I hear that 6.30 Mass in Bohermeen each Saturday is standing room only too.

Father Hornick was on his game too.Dare I say it a Holy man too.

What’s all this about a crisis in the Catholic Church.This must be the place that time forgot .Else the devil’s spawn are talking shite.What you would expect from them anyhow ?

From now on I will attend two Masses each weekend.One Latin and one in the vernacular.

By the way there are a good few daily Mass goers in Dunderry.I don’t make the halpenny place by comparison.

Give Johnstown a whirl.Brought back pleasant memories to me.If you never experienced a Tridentine Mass now is your chance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment