Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Desecration of Dunderry Church and Theft of lead from Community Hall.

Various sections of the media and the lowest sections of the political classes have repeatedly launched attacks on the Catholic Church,Catholicism and the clergy over the last 3 years in particular.
From the Vitriolic attack on the Roman Church by the Taoiseach,to the withdrawal of the Irish ambassadorship from the Vatican State, to the clear desire of the Minister of Education to abolish the religious from religious schools, to the name calling by Ivana the womb raider of the Catholic Bishop who appeared before the Dail Committee,the promulgations of a Labour Party which has been taken over lock,stock and barrel by the atheists and homosexuals it was only a matter  of time until it became socially acceptable to desecrate Catholic property and attack and assault Catholic clergy .
Just consider the number of Churches torched,the number of priceless statutes and works of art stolen and the number of clergy spat at in the streets and attacked in their Churches these past three years and you will get the picture,
I never thought that it would happen In a  street where I live,as it were but it has.
I should not be surprised but I am ,not only surprised but shocked and appalled.
And I feel a little guilty as well.I will tell you why.
I have cows calving and sheep yeaning this weather.I arise from my warm bed each night at about 2,00 a,m.,and go to the farm to check on them,Last Thursday night I got out of my bed at about 2.00 a.m.and went outside my house which is opposite Dunderry Church to get into my jeep to go down to the farm.The village was abandoned and not a sound to be heard .Then I thought I heard a scraping sound coming from the side of the church nearest Trim.I shone my fairly powerful torch in that general direction and the noise ceased.I reasoned that if anybody was up to mischief that it is the School they would be at and as I could see that the school alarm was working  O.K.I wasn't too worried.Then a ginger cat came around the corner of the Church from the direction of the noise and I figured "That's it ,the cat was tearing at a plastic bag".No panic.And I went off on my business.
About two hours later I returned home and went to bed.I sleep with my head pointed at Dunderry Hall and am nearest to it.Just on the verge of sleep I thought I heard a tapping noise coming from the direction og f the hall.Herself was sound asleep and I roared at her "Did you hear that "?She just turned over and grunted.The tapping stopped.Whoever was there heard me even though the missus did not.
Very often in the past I have heard tapping on the window of the house as birds try to tap off the putty surrounding the window panes and a good roar moves them on.After a while I fell asleep.No harm done.
Next day I woke up to the information that the copper from the lightening rod on the Church and the lead flashing from the Halli had been stolen during the night and that I had missed two opportunities to interrupt the thief or thieves,
Saved by a ginger cat and a bird.
God only knows what would have happened if I had interrupted them and knew them.Would I be alive to tell the tale ?
I know full well that some people have more concrete evidence to pin down the identity of the perpetrators but are too afraid of retraction to come forward.I strongly suspect that the families of the perpetrators must know their identity and are protecting them.
I want it known that I am not afraid of them and consider these low lives as below contempt and if there is anything I can do to bring them to Justice I will do so.
And I would urge all other persons to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment