Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dunderry Fair Bull wises up Zebra.

Did you ever see the huge black bull that is the mascot of the Dunderry Fair ? Well this happened to an ancestor of his  long long time ago ,about the turn of the 20th century.
A plane load of African animals was being flown to Dublin  zoo ,when it ran out of fuel over the bog in Tullaghanstown and crashed in Churchtown near Knockdrin where I farm ,just behind Jim Healy's house.
All aboard,pilots and animals perished in the carnage save one zebra ,who miraculously survived.
She shook herself  down and went walkabouts ,
The first animal she met was a donkey called Tilly."I am a zebra ,what are you " she said."I am a donkey owned by Daithi Stephens,the best looking,kindest and most intelligent man in Dunderry " said Tilly.
She then met a pony called Dolly."I am a zebra ,what are you ?""I am a pony owned by Daithi Stephens " said Dolly ",I would add to what Tilly said that Daithi is also a great neighbour ".
The zebra crossed the river and met the black bull.
"I am a zebra ,what are you " said the zebra,
The bull eyed her up and said "take off them striped pyjamas and I won't be long showing you ".
NO bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment