Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Death of Vincent Mc Cormack,Tullaghanogue.

Word is just filtering in of the recent death of Vincent Mc Cormack of Tullaghanogue at the tender age of 63 years.
I am told that he had a short illness and anticipated accurately the time of his demise God Bless him and that he died at home.
I didn't know him very well but had the pleasure of giving him a lift in my car from Tullaghanogue to Athboy on a number of occasions when I thoroughly enjoyed his company and am living proof to his ability to converse fluently as Gaeilge through conversations in that medium.He was more proficient than me and said to me a number of times that he was the only true Meath man in his locality that was so proficient in the language having picked it up from his neighbours and from  from childhood friends.
He was good and intelligent  company  and I imagine well known and liked in Athboy at least  ,which was his theatre of operations.
I drank with him a few times in Dunderry in times of yore when he was visiting his sisters Jean Rowan and Kathleen Reilly and their families who are highly respected members of this community.
The girls of both families played Camogie with Dunderry ,when times were rough and Lettie and Tara stuck with it through thick and thin and Lettie still yields a cultured Caman for the Club.
Jean helped out for many years and indeed played alongside her  daughters now and again so it is with certainty that I can say that he must have been a man of sound character and decent disposition were he like them and I hear he was.
He is survived also by his brothers Willie ,who lived with him and Leo a well known and respected  Athboy resident.
On behalf of myself ,the Camogie Club ,the GAA Club ,the wider GAA family and the people of the Parish I offer sincere condolences to all his surviving family and wide circle of friends and neighbours.
His mortal remains will be reposing at Mullen's Funeral Home from 4.00 p.m till 6.30 p.m tomorrow Wednesday 17th February whence they will be removed to Kilbride Church to arrive at 7.00 p.m.
The Funeral Mass is on Thursday at 12.00 noon and burial afterwards in Tullaghanogue Cemetery.
Ar DHEIS DE GO RAIBH A H'ANAM DILIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment