Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Death of Lisa Brady,Black Road.

Just a short while ago I wrote of the untimely death of Alan Brady of the Black Road,Robinstown ,at the tender age of 66 years,I believe.He was my second cousin.
In my tribute I sympathized with his immediate family including his daughter Lisa on their loss.I also said that life had thrown many curve balls at them in their lives and that they had bravely faced up to these misfortunes and got on with it,or words to that effect.
I sympathized with Lisa ,who I didn't know well ,at that time and little imagined that the Man above would be calling her home so soon after the death of her father.
Well He has as she has recently died at the tender age of 32 years..Of pneumonia if rumour is to be believed .
Now I didn't know Lisa well but would have kept in my head any  information that came my way concerning her and her progress through life.
I understand that she had leukemia for many years but thought she had it bet.I know that she got poorly from time to time but never let it get her down and battled hard to restore her health and spirit.
I know that she qualified  as a teacher,despite her illness and taught in Kilbride of this Parish for two years approximately and I think Robinstown as well.
I know that she was and is highly thought of  by all who met her in these environments.Alan idolized her.
I know that between illnesses at one stage she joined O.Mahony's Camogie Club to stay fit and get exercise in a pleasant environment ,where she befriended my daughter MAGS ,who happens to be her cousin although I  doubt if this ever struck them.
I know that she went to school with my niece Laurie Stephens and was a friend of Louise Byrne another niece.They are all in the teaching fraternity.
I know she was a peach of a girl from the few meetings we had.
And I know full well that her mother Margaret and her brother David must be beyond grief with this turn of events.AS indeed must be all her uncles ,aunts ,cousins ,relatives and a multitude of friends.
Ar Dheis De go raibh a hAnam Dilis.
My heart goes out to them.
The funeral Mass is tomorrow at 10.00 a.m.in Saint Mary's Church in Navan with burial after wards in Dunderry Graveyard.
It is a bad week for funerals in Dunderry

No comments:

Post a Comment