Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Tinkers Tale

Last Friday night I had to give a miss to the Dunderry Div.3 League Final against Syddan to attend a class reunion at which guys I hadn't met for 40 years were present.
The do was held in Brady;s in Dunboyne,a great pub as it turned out.As I was parking outside the pub a very pregnant tinker woman came to me and told me that her cousin had committed suicide ,was being received into Dunboyne Church and she had no money to get home to Maynooth.,Could I give her the fare.
Always a sucker for a hard luck case I  gave her a tenner.
I watched her and saw her hand it to a guy hidden in a doorway who promptly went into an off licence and buy wine with it.
Well fuck you said I.Never again.
The following morning I had to go to Dublin and decided to get the Dublin bus from Navan,On the way to the bus stop I had to stop to take a stone out of my shoe.Those who know me well would know that I am fairly disabled after a stroke and have very limited mobility.
I  had to find a shop front and sit down on the cill to put my leg sideways to remove my shoe and remove the stone.I was getting it hard to put the shoe back on and fasten the Velcro to move on.
And the only person to stop and fix me up was another tinker."See ya soon Daithi"said he,
Well fuck me pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment