Monday, September 25, 2017

Walk and Fund raiser for ill child well suported.

I am not on the fund raising committe for the fund raisers.As far as I can see the GAA Club is fully behind it but it is GAA friends of Swiss and his wife's sisters who are driving it rather than the GAA Club as such.
In any event I spent a few hours on Saturday last watching the people who participated in the walk/run as they passed through Dunderry.
I wqould guess that about 500 people ,men,women and children participated.Many of these were not from the Parish ,fair dues to them.
They came on all forms and shapes.Ispotted Trevor Giles among them looking as fit as ever.Swiss himself participated.
A lovely Bird --her married name---from Rathcairn pushed her child around the course.
This most compassionate of nurses nursed me during my stroke in Navan Hospital 8 years ago AND I CANNOT PRAISE HER ENOUGH.
It was particularly pleasing to see the number of men and women pushing prams around the course.
Afterwards a concert and auction was held in Rathcairn Hall.
It was well attended too and the Auction was well supported.
Thus far a raffle has been held in Kilbride school ,a non uniform day in Dunderry School,a fully subscribed   raffle in  KILMACUD CROKES AT THE all Ireland Club sevens ,the walk ,a draw,the reception in Rathcairn and the AUCTION ,ALL OF WHICH HAVE BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL.
Just shows how decent people are when the cause is right and the organisers are trusted.
I hope and pray that the fiunds raised help the misfortunate young chap in the coming times.

No comments:

Post a Comment