Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The good people.

Today was a day from hell hereabouts.The chill factor alone would knock you over.There was hateful slanting rain that cut to the bone and the leaden sky was so dark and threatening that it would depress you.Outdoor livestock were huddled against the wind and rain seeking shelter against the elements.
In these conditions I  had to head to Trim.
Now the hair is long and  untidy and I wasn't dressed the best.I walk funny as a result of a stroke endured in 2009 and with the aid of a walking stick and progress is slow.I suppose I looked as miserable as I felt.
To my amazement a very able lady of my own age, I would guess ,approached me and offered me a two Euro piece to buy myself a cup of tea and get in out of the cold.I thanked her kindly and declined.
It might have been a case of mistaken identity but there again it may not have been.
Certainly the milk of human nature still flows strongly in some.
God bless her.
I also was lucky enough to meet Pat Conway from Halltown ,who was a great friend of my uncles Joe and Tommy as a child and often helped them at the farming.
He is home for the Christmas from the States ,never lost has accent and never aged a day in twenty years.A decent guy and a huge loss to Ireland and Dunderry,which as I told someone was founded the day after God banished Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden.

No comments:

Post a Comment