Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Death of Jimmy Trainor.

Nearly everybody in Dunderry knew the above neighbour as Jimmy Cricket.How this came to be I don't know.
What I know about him is stuff I  gathered over the years and may be or may not be accurate.
He was born in Lismullen I  think and spent some time in the Irish Army.
He worked for years at the shed eraction business with Conatys and latterly as a taxi driver for a short period as far as I  could see.
He gave me a hand now and again on the farm decades ago and was a hard worker.
In latter years he worked voluntarily in beautifying the Village and its environs as a vital cog in the Tidy Tomns committee, a job he excelled at and which he devoted much time.
He lived in Father Flood Park with his partner Sandra and children Wayne and Lisa,all of whom I  know well.
Wayne is the same age as my youngest son David and Wayne spent many Saturdays and Holidays helping me in the farm .
He was lucky enough to ate at the table of Molly Mc Cormack ,my aunt and experience her sirlion with gravy and spuds ,which were to die for.
I  actually believe that he ,as well as others came with me to the farm in the hope of experiencing this culinary treat,
Certainly I  too loved it entirely.
Like Cricket he was a hard worker and mannerly to boot.
Lisa played comogie from a young age and when she moved to Baconstown teritory transferred there .
She is a girl of the highest character and a well respected worker in Aldi I  believe.
Wayne is the father of Dillon and he tooo resides in the family home in Dunderry.He is a decent kid and respectful to me any time I  meet him.
For a time the mother of Dillon lived in the Dunderry house.
While she lived there she played Camogie and I  had the honour of coaching her .She is sound .
Cricket was a quiet and respectful man and I  met him a few days before he died.
He looked fine and we exchanged greetings.
I  know that he had a previous relationship in Drogheda ,I  believe and that a son of his from that relationship died in recent years as a young adult.
He too lived in Dunderry for a time..
I  can confirm that Jimmy fell down the stairs and died as a result.
In these strained times only his immediate family is allowed attend his funeral.
To all his kin I  offer the sympathy of the Stephens family.
Ar dheis De go raibh a h anam dilis.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful daithi ♥️ he was one of a kind , Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete