Monday, September 7, 2020

Twitter row is not the thing.

 I know little about Twitter save it is  used by Donal Trump to communicte with his followers,quite successfully apparently.

An outsider GAA Club man has filled me in on what is going on between Dunderry and Blackhall players .

Seemingly a spat is going on between Dunderry supporters and Blackhall supporters over the result of an Intermediate Football Championship game ,which Dunderry narrowly won.

I  was not at the game because supporters are not allowed attend for no discernable reason.Certainly no evidence has emerged that allowing two hundred into stadia capable of holding 25 thousand spectators has spread coronavirus.And in the North ,where supporters are allowed attend Club matches ,the incidence of corona virus spread is lower than here.

Were I  allowed I  would have written a report on the game and published it.

In this context I  have reported on a previous match between the same teams decrying the name  calling of our players all over the field as "pikies "and the repeated intrusion of their physio staff onto the field in order,it seemed to me, to put our guys off at critical junctures.

I  was careful not to name names.There is bad blood between the teams.

I played a lot of hurling and football and always took the view that unless the Referee rode us or that the opposition played illegal players that when the final whistle blew that was it.

None of us are perfect but I  would advise all parties to let their hurling and football on the field of play do their talking for them..

I know that it is hard to keep quiet when provolked.

No comments:

Post a Comment