Wednesday, January 19, 2022

O Gorman at it again

Just today the parents of certain abused children were sentenced to jail for the sexual abuse of children.Those sentenced included men and women.

RTE Radio interviewed Colm O Gorman on the issue.He himself was abused as a child.How this makes him an expert on the subject is beyond me.

H e made the claim that sexual abuse of children was endemic in Irelans during the 1960's ,the 1970s and the 1980's This was not challenged by the programme presenters and taken as Gospel by them.

I was born in 1951 and went to National School,Secondary School and University in those decades.I played football,hurling and did rowing in those decades.The secondary school I  went to was run by the Christian Brothers.I played for the School,St.Brigids GAA Club in Blanchardstown ,Dunderry GAA Club in Meath ,Eoghan Ruadh GAA Club in Dunlin City ,New Irelands and for a number of underage County Teams.I  also served Mass for 7 years in Blanchardstown.

I have the fondest memories af all the activities in which I  was involved,was beaten by only one lay teacher in Nationsl School,was never molested either at home or by my extended family or by the various organisations I was involved with.

I am the eldest of 9 children whose experiences mirror my own.I have seven children whose experiences are as mine.

There are mil.lions of people in Ireland just like me ,who were reared by good parents,taught by good teachers and memtored by respectable people who never came across sexual abuse/.

I t is a blatanr t lie to make the unchallenged claim that Colm O Gorman made.RTE OUGHT to call out such lies as a matter of course as all they achieve is to belittle the Country and its past.

No comments:

Post a Comment