Thursday, July 21, 2011

Feis Cup.Summerhill 1 -15.Dunderry 1-10

Played tonight in Trim in ideal conditions for football,I was delighted but not surprised when one of the Trim officials ,seeing that I was under pressure physically ,offered and got me a chair to sit down and watch the match.You are a gentleman Mr Gaynor ,I think.Thanks again.Genuine Trim people are like that.
Dunderry team started was:-
                                                   Jennings
Mc Cormack D.                       Callaghan D.                       Newman G.
Kelleher                                    Stephens E.                         Garry A.
                       Callaghan D.                        Fay.
Garry M                                   Garry T.J.                            Coogan A.
Clarke D.                                  Newman A,                        Callaghan K.

Swiss was carted off at an early stage to hospital.We think he broke his wrist  but hope otherwise.In these dastardly times to be out of work,if one has work,is depressing.
It is the first time that I can remember since the Elder Callaghan brothers played, that three brothers played together on the team,the three Garrys,sons of Michael the "bear".
We couldn't get going at all in the first half and went in down 1-7 to 0-4.
during the second half the nearest we got to them was five points ,which seperated the teams at the end on the scoreline cited above.
Brought on were Ted Dowd,Peadar Callaghan,Trevor Conaty,Simon Carty and Kevin Slattery.And we still had subs left over on the line aside altogether from four injured players at least and Stephen Coogan,unavailable because of County considerations.
We have played better.
I must confess that my ambition exceeded my ability on the bicycle front as I attempted to shake off the webs and resume cycling again.The averdepois you know.By the time I got to Carrolstown on the way to Trim , I was well bet and had to take five.The will to live was seeping from my sweating excuse for a body and my breath coming in gulps.I swear that when I was smoking years ago I had a lot more breath.
Anyhow Grainne Dowd,Ted's wife pulled up in the car and offered me a lift.Problem was the tricycle wouldn't fit in her car.So she cycled it back to a gateway and hid it in a field.And off we went to the game with Jack ,Tadgh and Molly all under six, to the game.
AS they say "an ounce of breeeding is worth a ton of feeding" and Ted certainly hit the jackpot there.
There sure are good people around and long may they live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment