Friday, September 2, 2011

Weather forecasters haven't a clue.

My late aunt,Molly Mc Cormack,used watch the weather forecasts and listen to them on the radio very attentively.This was because they were farmers and the weather had a huge bearing on when you cut your hay.No hay for the winter and you were snookered.I think that a lady called Joan Blackbourne was the Forecaster for a long time.I often heard Molly say"that Joan Blackbourne would sicken you "on the occasions when she got it wrong.
Evelyn Cusack is the woman of the moment.I am sure I heard her say that one has a fair chance of telling the weather 6 days in advance.Well I was listening attentively to the forecasts this last week as I had a late meadow to cut and wanted to make hay.The confident predictions was that this past week was to be fine,today Friday being the best day ,with the weekend brutal.Well we had two good days since last Monday,the day the meadow was felled.It pissed rain last night and did the same today(Friday).Wasn't I some gob shite turning the grass twice a day since Tuesday.
I will be saying to anyone who will listen to me "that Evelyn Cusack would sicken you".

No comments:

Post a Comment