Friday, September 2, 2011

Congratulations Brian.

Brian,who played football and hurling with Dunderry.Do you remember when at age 14 during a hurling match you and an opponent were shoulder to shoulder pulling on the ball.And the other fellas father took exception to it.And he ran on the pitch,grabbed you and went to burst you with a box.And I , the referee ,ran at him and knocked him down before his punch reached your face.I fell too and when getting up,he kicked me straight in the face,busting my nose and breaking my glasses.And when I squared up to him a well meaning mentor held my arms in case I would kill him.And he busted me again when held.And then retreated against the paling.Thank God your Da was watching and chastised him from outside the paling.And he had to take it as your DA grabbed him from the other side of the paling,your DA;s belly to his back.God,he got some lecture then.
Well you turned out to be some sportsman and played at the highest level.
You are in America this good while.I know you follow this blog.I hear you got married recently.Me and mine wish you the best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment