Friday, December 30, 2011

Sadness personified

Tonight I was at a party to celebratec the 50th birthday of my sister in law Catherine,She is a lovely woman and was a great companion  to my mother in her golden years and lived next door too her.At the party was her son ,who is back from Australia  for the Christmas and his Australian partner ,who is an absolute peach .Also present was their daughter who is in England studying for a profession this country  deems her unworthy of. She is flying it.Unable to be there was anotherson,who is in Australia.
I know that we are good people.I know that everybody at the party are good people.I also know that the people that govern our country and our destiny are not good people.I know this because in a week's time my brother,his wife and his children will be broken hearted because their good friends will be a continent away and their daughter will be an ocean away and their other son still a continent away.
I know that over 100 years ago,when we were part of the Empire,seven of my grandfathers siblimgs had to emigrate to America,never to return bar one,,who came back for two weeks ,while in his seventies.Nothing changes.
No amount of crawthumping nor smartassery can dilute the pain felt by us all.
Those in charge for the present should know that they will never be forgiven for what they have done to us nor what they are about to do.
As ye have sown ye shall reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment