Thursday, March 27, 2014

Distilled ignorance.

Today I got a lift to Navan to get my hair cut with the best barber I know,Stephen O Rourke.Opposite his shop and beside the old cinema  ( now apartments ) is a public car park.I was dropped off in the car park and proceeded out of it towards his shop.I had to cross a line of cars in a queue to get out of the car park.I checked well and commenced to cross over,
Now let me say that I shuffled over as my left side was destroyed in a stroke I suffered five years ago and walking is an effort,I need a walking stick to move and my left hand is permanently stuck in my hoodie pocket.Fairly obviously and severely disabled.
 Notwithstanding this a youngish woman driving a dark coloured car ,registration ending   KE saw fit to place her hand on the horn and blow it at me.Not accidentally as I looked her in the eye and she blanked me.She was not delayed at all by my crossing as the queue was snaking slowly towards the road and the second or two she lost in allowing me to cross was of no consequence at all.
Yes indeed. low breeding comes in many guises.

No comments:

Post a Comment