Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Death of Paddy Reilly from Kingscourt and Birmingham

Today in the emergency Dept.of Navan Hospital I met old friends and neighbours Paddy Conway and his lovely wife Phyllis.When I say "old "friends I mean it. Paddy is over 80 years and I am not brave enough to ask Phyllis her age.
They were like drowned rats having had to queue outside the Social Welfare Office in Trim  in the pouring rain beforehand.
If they were  refugees there would be a furore,the Council for Civil LIberties and Amnesty woukld be hogging the airwaves condemning their treatment , but anything will do for Paddie(s)
Anyhow I was sad to learn that her brother Paddy who I mentioned in a previous blog died suddenly from cancer shortly after I published the article.
This man was a double trades man,a  carpenter and a mason,
I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him but do know that if he was even half as sound as his older sister he had to be a great one.
To his surviving family and all who knew him we offer our profound sympathies,
Ar Dheis DE go raibh a anam dilis,

No comments:

Post a Comment