Monday, August 17, 2015

Death of John Darcy

John Darcy of Ballardin,Dunderry,(beside the football pitch )died last night Sunday 16/08/2015 after a short illness aged,as far as I know,79 years,.
John was a decent man and spent some years in a nursing home in Kells ,a place he enjoyed living in.
Newer residents would know him from his frequent visits in his wheelchair to the village on days of clement weather when he would park around Flanagans Shop and talk to old friends who passed by.
Generally he was brought here and back to Kells by his good and loyal friend Mickey Flanagan.
I knew John well.He was a nice guy and I will do a more detailed tribute after his burial,which I believe will be on Wednesday.
To all his relatives I extend my deepest condolences.
Ar Dheis De go raibh a hanam dilis.
His funeral Mass is in Dunderry Church at 11.00 a.m.Wednesday 19/8/2015 with funeral to local cemetery afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment