Sunday, August 23, 2015

Dire Dunderry Dumped from I.F.C.by Castletown.

I t is one thing to be beaten by a superior team after giving your best shot at it,
It is another to come out with the white flag of surrender.And aside from the best efforts of the usual  veteran suspects and maybe three more recent arrivals this was the worst football championship display I   have seen in a decade.
We missed enough handy chances in the first half to be well set up for the second half instead of going in two points in arrears and spent as much of the second half as I could bear to watch passing the ball as near either corner flag as possible before either losing it altogether or simply giving it away and enabling  Castletown to come up the field and score at will,and drive the ball past an unprotected Jennings,
After the ceding of a third handy  Castletown  goal I, for the first time in my life,left an important Dunderry game to save myself emotional devastation.
We were beat 11 points I  am informed.From what I saw WE WERE LUCKY TO HOLD THEM  TO THIS.
It is no great shock to me that it has come to this.For up to a decade now we have been languishing in the  bottommost divisions of minor football and as I discovered  to my shock three years ago when I gave   a hand with an under 14 football team.Mmost of the better players never trained with Dundery but were the first selected  and any attempt by me to do even the most gentle training and insist on it as a prerequisite to selection was resisted in every way  by other mentors who considered basic qualities such as availability ,loyalty and team solidarity as quaint concepts.
The pigeons are now coming home to roost big time.
It is as simple as this .Some of the players pay baby sitters to mind their kids when their partners are working so as to attend training. Others think nothing of saving their money to go on gang holidays to the fleshpots of Europe and to hell with their team mates if there are vital matches to be played.
Unfortunately the attitude of casual disregard for the Club and its teammate's has seeped up from our Juvenile section.
God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment