Thursday, October 29, 2020

Wishful thinking.

 I love the GAA,especially Dunderry GAA Club.And would just love to see more Championships come here at adult level.

At football we are out of the Intermediate and Junior .and I  hear that Lar has fallen on his sword.All I  will say is that the first requisite for any team is  that .of availability.i.e that the players nust be available for training,challenges and all games ,whether challenges,Cups,Leagues or Championships.

At least two of our better players opted out of the Intermediate Panel in the year gone bye,so the difficulty in wining was increased.

In a voluntary game there is little you can do to countersct this.and I  suppose that careers are more important than games when all is said and done.

Being available encompasses not being sent off and putting your team at a disadvantage,especially if the player is a vital gog.

Anyhow I was watching the craic at Intercounty level in recent weeks.It seems that Tommy Conroy was outstanding for Galway and that another Tom Conroy was outstandibng for Mayo.

I may be mstaken but I  think that the Galway man is a cousin of Tomas from ;Lambay in our Parish and that the Mayo man is a grandcon of the late John Conroy lately from the Meadstown Road.

I am sure that Blaithin Coffey was rearecd in Lambay in our Parish and that she has a son who is one of the best footballers in Dublin.

Any chance they would transfer here and play for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment