Saturday, May 4, 2013

Anti Rural bias of Government has roots in labour Party.

In my blog on Blanch to Brunner 1965 I outlined how I was persecuted by certain other pupils because I was a culchie in their eyes and therefor entitled to be bullied and picked on.In fairness to the Christian Brothers and the other teachers I was never picked on by them either on this account or for any other reason.I considered them a fine and fair body of men.As far as I know I was never considered a lesser person because I was a culchie.
I am shocked ,but not surprised to read the recorded  comments made by Aodan O Riordan  to a constituent on the piecemeal way that Labour would see  to the widespread availability of abortion in Ireland starting with the X case and broadening it thereafter ,about which more anon.
In relation to T.D.s representing rural Ireland and its inhabitants he is quoted as saying"I mean em,you have to realise ,em,somebody representing somewhere like Monaghan,now my wife is from  Monaghan,start talking about  abortion rights in Monaghan and ,you know you don.t get too far.Or Donegal or Mayo  or you know.""The idea of being a good rural T.D.is you go to Mass  and you are a good Catholic .You are against abortion and everything is fine.""You know ,as I say ,my wife is from Monaghan and I go there and sometimes I just scratch my head at some of the ,just some,of the ,latent latent homophobia "".The ,em you know,it's bizarre .You think Irish  society has moved on."
Clearly Andy Riordan looks down his nose on Catholics,Countrymen and heterosexuals.He has previously railed against Christian prayer.How he condescended to marry a Monaghan country woman is beyond me.She must be delighted that he considers her neighbours to be so contemptible.
What is altogether more worrying is that he is a school teacher in central Dublin.And no doubt would insist on his right to teach there and have the anti Catholic and anti Rural prejudices he has.
Now I don't know if he lets his mask slip on theses subjects in school.In my schooldays there was no doubt about the tendencies  of the teachers in these matters.A teacher who has your undivided and unsupervised control for 6 hours a day invariably imparts his prejudices or beliefs on gullible pupils.
If Andy displays this  guff and nonsense in his class room I am delighted that it was Brunner I went to in 1965 before he was born.
Seeing as he is pushed out at every opportunity by Labour in the public arena all the Party must be like minded in their approach to rural people ,especially Catholics. This  contempt has found expression  for example in a provision in the proposed legislation on abortion that Catholic hospitals allow and participate in  the killing of unborn children in their hospitals.This is the equivalent of legislating for the extermination of Jewish unborn in Jewish Hospitals or Muslim unborn in Muslim hospitals.
Labour has totally outflanked Fine Gael on this issue.The hair on the tail of the dog is waggiing the dog.And the Labour President is using his position  to belabour the Fine Gael led Government on its approach to the economic direction of the country.A pincer movement.
The  blue rinse brigade of Church goers who led the canvass for this Government must be delighted that they have opened the door for the intentional killing of the unborn.Although I have heard that some are confused.
And when next you wonder just why your rural schools,police stations ,pubs and shops close down in increasing numbers just scratch your head and wonder who thinks of you the same way that the cartoonists  in Punch magazine portrayed you a century ago.Walking apes.

No comments:

Post a Comment